Welcome to the website of the New Zealand Finance Colloquium
The New Zealand Finance Colloquium was an initiative introduced in 1996 to promote the discussion, dissemination and development of finance related research within New Zealand. The colloquium is an annual event organised and held at universities throughout the country.
20th Annual (2016) New Zealand Finance Colloquium
The 20th annual New Zealand Finance Colloquium will be hosted by the Department of Accountancy and Finance, Otago Business School, University of Otago, Dunedin at the Rydges Lakeland Resort in Queenstown.
- Auckland Centre for Financial Research (ACFR) for the best PhD student paper ($1,000).
- Bloomberg prize for best Corporate Finance research paper ($1,000)
- Forsyth Barr prize for the BLR outstanding research award at the 20th New Zealand Finance Colloquium. ($1,000).
This prize acknowledges the founders of the colloquium. Professor Glenn Boyle,
Dr. Martin Lally. and Professor Larry Rose.
- INFINZ Best Paper award for Investments ($1000)
- MBIE Best Paper award for Capital Markets ($1000)
2015 New Zealand Finance Colloquium
The 2015 New Zealand Finance Colloquium and PhD Symposium were hosted by the University of Waikato on 18th - 20th February 2015.
The following papers received awards:
PhD Symposium Awards
- Auckland Centre for Financial Research - best PhD student paper ($1,000)
New Model and Evidence of Cash Tunnelling in Chinese Firms
Yi Wei, Massey University (with Jianguo and Jing Chi)
NZ Finance Colloquium Awards
- INFINZ - best paper in investment ($1,000)
Opening the Box on the Stock Selection Skills on US Mutual Funds
Ron Bird, University of Technology, Sydney
Veronica Sherwood-Meares, University of Technology, Sydney
Danny Yeung, University of Technology, Sydney
- Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment (MBIE) - best paper in Capital Markets ($1,000)
The Determinants of CEO Board Membership
Michelle Li, University of Auckland
Helen Roberts, University of Otago
- ISCR - best paper in Financial Regulation or Corporate Finance ($1,000)
Executive Confidence and New CEO Selection
Suman Banerjee, University of Wyoming
Lili Dai, , Australian National Universit
Mark Humphery-Jenner , UNSW
Vikram Nanda, Rutgers University
Registration for the conference will start at 12 noon on 11th February and the conference ends at around 2pm on 12th February.
Paper Acceptance Notification
Paper acceptance emails were sent out on Monday 16th November. We experienced issues where some emails were not received. Acceptances have subsequently been sent out again. If you submitted a paper and have not received a notification regarding the outcome, please contact email@example.com.
Registration has now opened.
»» register now