Welcome to the website of the New Zealand Finance Colloquium
The New Zealand Finance Colloquium was an initiative introduced in 1996 to promote the discussion, dissemination and development of finance related research within New Zealand. The colloquium is an annual event organised and held at universities throughout the country.
2014 New Zealand Finance Colloquium
The 2014 New Zealand Finance Colloquium and PhD Symposium were hosted by the Department of Finance, Auckland University of Technology.
The following papers received awards:
The 2015 New Zealand Finance Colloquium will be hosted by the University of Waikato on
18th - 20th February 2015.
Additional information and the call for papers will be available later this year.
PhD Symposium Awards
- Auckland Centre for Financial Research (AUT Business School) - best PhD student paper ($1,000)
Venture Capital Performance in China
Sophie Wang, Massey University (with Hamish Anderson and Jing Chi)
NZ Finance Colloquium Awards
- INFINZ - best paper in investment ($1,000)
News Sentiment and Momentum
Thanh D Huynh, Auckland University of Technology
Daniel R Smith, Queensland University of Technology
- Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment - best paper in Capital Markets ($1,000)
The Long-Run Performance of the New Zealand Stock Markets: 1899 – 2012
Bart Frijns, Auckland University of Technology
Alireza Tourani-Rad, Auckland University of Technology
- ISCR - best paper in Financial Regulation or Corporate Finance ($1,000)
The Capital Structure of Small Public Firms
Christina Atanasova, Simon Fraser University
Evan Gatev, Simon Fraser University
Daniel Shapiro, Simon Fraser University
- Financial Education and Research Centre Prize (Massey University) - best paper in Financial Literacy ($1,000)
Financial Literacy and Participation in Risky Asset Markets: A Spurious Relationship?
Marco Eugster , University of Auckland